The Objectives set out in our Constitution are:
- 2.1. To increase understanding and appreciation of fibre and textiles through education, exhibitions and national and international exchange.
- 2.2. To encourage and to provide a means for free exchange of ideas and information between those concerned with fibres and textiles at all levels in Western Australia, nationally and internationally.
- 2.3. To encourage the highest standards of design and craftsmanship in the fibre and textile arts.
- 2.4. To facilitate and encourage the transition from student to practitioner within the fibre and textile field.
- 2.5. To encourage balanced and critical evaluation of and writing about fibre and textiles.
- 2.6. To solely apply the property and income of the Association towards the promotion of the objects of the Association and no part of that property or income may be paid or otherwise distributed, directly or indirectly, to members of the Association, except in good faith in the promotion of those objects.
WAFTA’s Constitution (now called Rules of Association) was amended at an Extraordinary General Meeting in 2012 to bring it into line with current legislative requirements.