The upcoming WAFTA members exhibition: Altered States 2017 will be held in the Perth Town Hall between September 16-23.
- A detailed announcement was emailed to members on March 8, 2017.
- Read more in the Altered States Flyer below or
- Read more about How to Use the Materials, How to Use the Social Media, Studio Days, Key Dates, Exhibition and Insurance details on WAFTA’s website.
- Registered WAFTA member exhibitors received their unique Mystery Bag at the March 28 meeting.
Important Dates for your calendar
Launch: March 28 Please note……Mystery Bags are now sold out……….
Final day of entry August 15 – submit your entry either in person at the August 15 members’ meeting at Alexander Park Craft House, or by post to WAFTA, PO Box 211, Inglewood, 6932, WA.
AUGUST SUBMISSIONS & PAYMENTS
August 1 – Your artist statement is due. See details via this link.
August 4 – Your payment of $20 for photography and box is due today. See details via this link.
August 15 – Deadline for mail or hand delivery of your artwork to Craft House. It will be boxed in a purpose-built box for safe storage and future touring of the exhibition.
August 18 – Your artwork will be professionally photographed for the production of a postcard catalogue..
September 15 – Opening Night, Perth Town Hall, Foyer (6pm-9pm) September 16-23 – Altered States Members Exhibition, Perth Town Hall, Foyer (10am- 5pm) September 25 – Arrange to collect your entry and/or your purchase, from the Perth Town Hall. Sunday (10am-2pm) ONLY.
INSURANCE. Please be aware that all artists are responsible for the insurance of their artwork up to, during and throughout future touring of the exhibition.
The Exhibition was announced to Members at our first 2017 Meeting and Talk at the King Street Art Space. Exhibition Convenor 2017, Sue Girak gave a tantalising taster of WAFTA’s plans.
- explained the ‘mystery bags of materials’ for entrants……with a set of samples for viewing…….
- announced a series of workshops being offered by WAFTA to members. Designed to inspire, encourage and extend members’ creative thinking and skills in general, and also support entrants’ planning and preparations. (Workshops and demos are not profit making but to cover costs.)
For full workshop information check the WAFTA website for event details. Some have already run with great success, so don’t risk missing out. Watch the WAFTA calendar for more upcoming sessions.